Monday, April 5, 2010

Two in One

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter. The bunny came by and visited my little one, brought him a few coloring books, crayons, finger paints, and other arts/crafts. Lots of fun crafts to make this spring!

We also attended the local museum, which had a scavenger hunt and train rides for everyone all day long. My little one adores trains, so he was in his element. What I loved about the scavenger hunt was the prize in the end. They gave out baby tree saplings to plant, which was such a great idea. We are most likely going to plant ours on my parent's property, so we can continue to take care of it as it grows.
On ward to my two in one breakfast idea!

Yesterday, I wanted some fruit & granola with my green juice. Here was my mixture:
1 Orange
1/2 cup of blueberries
1/2 cup of sunflower seeds
1/4 cup of pumpkin seeds
1 Tbl of flax seeds


This morning I decided to make smoothie, and that was when I came up with the two in one breakfast idea. You can have the recipe mentioned for my fruit/granola mixture as a smoothie! The only additions in the smoothie mixture are an organic frozen banana, and 1 cup of filtered water, otherwise I used the exact same ingredients/measurements.

Enjoy it either way!
~Maggie

No comments: