Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Ice Cream

I've been slowly building up to this post, by making ice cream once a week as a dessert. I love making desserts from living foods. It still amazes me how delicious a raw dessert can taste..what no white flour? no refined sugar? Awesome! I have two ice cream recipes to share with you in this post.

The great thing about making your own ice cream is you can put whatever you would like in the mix, plus it's fun to make and eat. I figured since I had so much fun making these recipes, my lil one would probably love it too. I can't wait till his birthday party in the summer. I plan to have an ice cream making station set up with tons of fruits ready to go. I also can't forget the ice cream toppings. This is my lil one's favorite part, plus I love how creative he gets to be with his food. His usually includes carob chips and fresh strawberry slices. He always gobbles it up and gets a great serving of fruits :)

Berrylicious Ice Cream
2 Cups of frozen berries
1 frozen banana
Toppings: Goji berries, carob chips, cacao nibs

Mix in a food processor till it becomes creamy and smooth. This can take a few minutes. Eat plain or add your favorite toppings.

Here is another variation.

Blueberry Bliss Ice Cream
1 Cup of frozen blueberries
1 frozen bannana
Toppings: Cacao Nibs

Mix in a food processor till it becomes creamy and smooth.

~~
Be creative with your ice cream. Add whatever fruits you love plus a frozen bannana and your set. Incase your wondering the frozen bannana adds that smooth, creaminess to the mix. Also if you are using citrus fruits just realize that it won't be as sweet of a treat.

There you have it two awesome ice cream recipes made with a food processor not an ice cream maker for those of us without one.
Enjoy!
~Maggie

P.S. Stay tuned because it's "un-baking" day in our house and something really yummy is being created!

No comments: