Friday, April 2, 2010

A stormy day...

Rain, rain and a lot of wind! Woke up this morning to rain hitting the windows and the wind wanting to blow our house down. Needless to say we slept in and lost the morning to our dreams.

Around noon we decided to head over to my parent's place to do some Easter decorating for tomorrow. On our way there I took some shots of the ocean, its waves and of course the rain. We had originally thought the rain and wind might let up, but we were wishful thinkers. My guy and I wanted to go hiking and normally we probably would if it was a little rain, but this stuff was pouring down so hard it hurt when it hit your skin. I was soaked within 3 minutes of standing in it. I honestly do love west coast weather! :)




I made a green lemonade before we left and it tasted a bit stronger than usual. I bought some local romaine lettuce for 58cents each. I could taste the chlorophyll and its sunniness! This is my little guy proud of the green juice he helped his mama make :)




When we did get home I made myself this...

Tropical Spring Salad
4 leafs of red leaf lettuce
1 tomato
1/2 a cucumber
1/2 orange
1/4 pineapple
2 radishes
Rinse, slice and chop the way you like :)





Enjoy the weather where ever you might be!
~Maggie

No comments: