Friday, April 9, 2010

Silly Pancakes

I had to post this because we were giggling all morning about them. My lil guy and I were prepping the leftover "coconut cake" mix and started having way to much decorating them. See what I mean...

My two year old loved doing this and so did I. It put a big smile on my face all morning :) This is a great way to encourage children to have fun with food and still be eating healthy.

Silly Pancakes

1 coconut cake

1 tbs of almond butter and 1/2 tsp of honey

Half a banana, carob chips, and almonds

Directions: Spread the almond butter on the pancake and then spread the honey on top of the almond butter. Then decorate with whatever you have. We used banana for the hair style, carob chips for eyes/mouth and almonds for the nose.

Other ideas...

For eyes/mouth/nose: blueberries, raspberries, or nuts

Hair: Slice of fruit, or shredded coconut

~Maggie

2 comments:

Berendina Dykema said...

Our blogs are up on CWA now, they send you and e-mail when your on there soo you probably got one sent to you :)

Maggie said...

Wow, that is so great! Thanks for letting me know :) I'll add a button to my site.

Congrats to you!
~Maggie