Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Fruit Juicing

The Sunrise
3 Oranges
1/4 Lemon
1 Apple
6 Strawberries
Juice it up, roughly 2 cups of juice :)

This tastes so delicious! I drank it in 5 minutes maybe less. It's a nice balance between sweet and sour tastes. I can't wait to try this in the summer when the weather is really hot, over some ice.

Some of my favorite juicing creations are made simply from fruits, it's not always about green juices in our house. There are a few things I've learned along the way when juicing fruits, whether it be from books I've read or from my own experiences. I've gathered some of my thoughts and tips on juicing to share with you :)

Juicing from my point of view :)

-I try a new piece of fruit, to eat or juice, every week to keep it fun.
-Do not try juicing bananas or frozen fruit, only blend them.
-Use citrus fruits as a base (ie/oranges, lemons, limes, grapefruits) and then add sweet fruits to balance (ie/ apple, watermelon, mango, berries, pears, pineapples).
-I only juice 2 cups of juice at a time because it is typically what I can drink in one sitting
-Always try to make juice fresh, you won't lose the minerals, enzymes and vitamins that might have deteriorated while it was being stored.
-Juice is easy for our body to digest!
-Fruit juice tastes so yummy, especially on ice on a summers day!

My last thought is to enjoy making your juices, whether it be fruit juices or green juices. It's all about keeping it interesting and not going overboard on how much your juicing. Some of my best juices have only consisted of 2-4 ingredients, not that it should stop you from experimenting with lots of ingredients. It's just sometimes simplicity is the key!

~Maggie

No comments: