Saturday, April 10, 2010

Sunny weather and rainbow salad

Today was a perfect spring day...finally! The past couple weeks we've been having rain, and major cloud coverage, making the days seem dark and dreary. Today was full of sunny weather and we tried to take advantage of it as much as possible. We took our lil guy to a few different playgrounds and played hide-and-seek together like cute little kids. After all our outdoor fun, we were full of energy and vitamin D, so we went to a large thrift store. I didn't find much, it was way to busy. I spent about three dollars, which bought a t-shirt for my lil guy and a nice shirt for me. I love not spending hoards of money on clothing. You can find such treasures at thrift stores, but you really have to make sure you have time to search. Think of it as a treasure hunt!

Speaking of treasure, check out my dinner....rainbow salad!



Tomatoes, avocados, purple onion, red pepper, purple cabbage, and grated carrot.


I dressed it with some sea salt, pepper and lemon juice.



I love rainbows and I love days spent with my family! Perfection.
~Maggie

No comments: