Monday, March 29, 2010

Zucchini Chips

I made these yesterday as an experiment. I heard about dehydrating zucchini strips from a few different sources and I thought I could try making them for our dinner. They didn't make their way to dinner. My lil one and I ate them as a snack! They tasted really similar to potato chips, crisp, and a little salty. Needless to say I recommend using more than one zucchini when trying this recipe out. It's delicious!

Ingredients:
2-3 Zucchini (I only used 1..not enough!)
1/4 cup of Olive Oil
1 clove of Garlic (chopped/grated)
sprinkle of Sea Salt
sprinkle of Pepper

Mix olive oil, garlic, sea salt and pepper together in a bowl. Peel the zucchini till all the skin is removed. Use a peeler or a mandolin to peel off thin strips of the zucchini. Throw it into the bowl with the olive oil mixture. Make sure all the zucchini is fully coated and then place the strips into the dehydrator. It took only about 1-2 hours for these thin strips to crisp up and be ready to eat!
Great guilt free snack for you and healthy treat for the lil ones :) I'm going to go make some more right now!
~Maggie

1 comment:

Nathaniel said...

definetly more than 1 zuchinni... maybe that way i'll get some next time lol.