Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Juice Feast Day 2

(Ani's Corn Chowder)
It's day two of the three day juice feast and I'm feeling a bit under the weather. I've had a few sinus problems, a sore throat, and fatigue. I'm thinking that it's detox symptoms, so I'm taking today for rest and relaxation. It worked out well because my guy is home from work today to help me out with our lil one. I decided that since my juice feast was going well (not hungering for food), but I was experiencing some pretty heavy detox symptoms I would eat some raw food.

I made this delicious corn chowder from Ani Phyo's book "Raw Food Kitchen" and it is one of the yummiest chowders I've ever had! We are going to be making this chowder again, especially when fresh corn is in season. The other bonus was that it only took about 5 minutes to make!

Like I said it was rest and relaxation day, so I had my guy instruct me in some yoga moves this afternoon. It felt good to stretch certain muscles that were sore. Once I start feeling better I really want to get outdoors for another hiking trip. This picture is inspiring me to spend more time outside :)
~Maggie

No comments: