Monday, March 29, 2010

Homestyle Minestrone Soup

Tonight I wanted to make a raw soup for dinner, but I let my guy take the challenge on :) It was another rainy day here and soup sounded so perfect. My guy decided on making Ani Phyo's Homestyle Minestrone Soup, from her book "Ani's raw food kitchen." My favorite part of this soup was the sun-dried tomatoes and the spices (garlic, cayenne, salt oregano). I added the last of the pizza seed crackers and drizzled some olive oil. Delicious!

Later we thought we needed something sweet, since the soup was so savory. I made us a banana-blueberry chocolate smoothie.

Ingredients:
2 cups of cold filtered water
2 bananas
1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
1/4 cup of cacao powder
1 tsp of honey
Blend! Makes 2 servings


Hope everyone enjoyed their dinner as much as we did!
~Maggie

1 comment:

Nathaniel said...

mmmm fresh corn and other veggies would have also been good in the soup... now that we know it tastes good on its own.