Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Mornings

Springtime is here, which means lots of veggies, fruits and nuts are becoming more readily available to us, and at a cheaper cost. If your into planting your own garden, then yummy food is just out your backdoor! I started my own veggie garden last year and was able to produce some really delicious veggies and recipes, so i can't wait to start planting again this year! This season my mom and I are hopefully combining forces to plant a larger garden than the one i had in her backyard. This way the work is shared, we will have tons of fun and eat lots of great food!

When I'm not eating out of my own garden, I definitely believe in being a localvore, and shopping as locally as I can. But lets face it I love pineapple and I have not found a pineapple farmer at our local farmer's markets, so I tend buy what I can afford locally and the rest is up to my taste buds and cravings :)

This morning I had a green juice! I almost forgot to take a pic before I drank it all :)


I've been starting my mornings off by drinking green :) It's been an amazing replacement to coffee, yes I just wrote "a replacement for coffee"... No seriously, I find I get just as much energy or "buzz" off drinking a green juice as I ever did drinking coffee sludge.

Green Juice Ingredients:

6 pieces of Romaine Lettuce
1/2 a Lemon
2 Apples
1/2 Cucumber
pinch of ginger

Juice it up!

Off to get this morning started, see you at lunch!
~Maggie

No comments: