Sunday, March 28, 2010

Energy!

Last night I felt like I could have run around the block at my own warp speed at least twice. I had so much energy and happiness flowing through my body. My guy on the other hand was feeling the exact opposite: lethargic, tired and moody. Our moods didn't mesh all to well, so I decided to just go with being present, positive and supportive. I finally fell asleep sometime after mid-night and woke up feeling not as energetic.

I made myself a carrot sunrise, which usually tastes sweet and refreshing!

Ingredients:

5 Carrots
2 Celery stalks
1 Orange
1/2 a Green Cabbage
Juice it up!

This time I added some ginger, but I added too much! Ohhh what a mistake :( It made it spicy and I was only able to drink half of my juice. The rest went down the drain, what a learning experience!


Lunch was a much happier meal! I craved nori again, and this time I had avocado!
Ingredients:
1 raw Nori sheet (untoasted)
4 thin strips of Carrot
4 thin strips of Red Pepper
Broccoli sprouts
1/2 an Avocado, thinly sliced

Line all the veggies on the edge of the nori sheet. Fold the nori sheet over veggies, by rolling the sheet away from you as tightly as possible. Dab edge of nori sheet with water to seal it. Then cut into 6 pieces!

Everyone has to try this, it's fun and so cheap to make compared to buying it from a store or restaurant.

Other than eating really colorful food today, I've been purchasing some upbeat music for workouts :) I've also been chatting to one of my very best friends, which makes this day even better!
Enjoy yours!
~Maggie

No comments: