Friday, March 26, 2010

Lunch time smoothie

Today is date day! My guy and I are going to go for a hike at one of our favorite spots. I took this picture of the falls a few summers ago, it's one of my favorites. We really enjoy hiking together and are slowly improving our endurance on the massive mountains we climb. Okay so they seem like mountains, there more like large hills on the mountain.

Pre-hiking hunger striked, so I decided to put my smoothie skills to work. I call this Strawberry Mountain, it seemed appropriate.


Ingredients:
1 cup of water
1 cup of strawberries (frozen or fresh)
1/8 of cashews
1/4 pitted dates
1/4 vanilla bean
1/2 a Banana
1 tbsp cacao powder
Blend it up!




This tasted so good, it's now my favorite smoothie recipe! It did not sit heavy like some smoothies can :)
~Maggie

No comments: